Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Belated Christmas Blog

A Belated Merry Christmas to You!!!

I had a very Merry Runner Christmas.  My husband is good at picking gifts for me.


We had a very quiet day at our house.  It snowed for Christmas and we didn't have any family plans this year.  The only reason we ventured out was for our run/ride.

We both looked just a little ridiculous, but it was only 17 degrees!


We went to Norm's Island - Its a great little trail by the Yellowstone River


Mitch has been a great blog helper and takes running pictures for me all the time now!


The best part of our trip was finding decorated trees along the trail.  How festive!!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I may or may not have mentioned before that I've been participating in the Runner's World Run Streak over the holidays.  To keep the streak alive, I needed to run at least one mile every day from Thanksgiving until New Years Day.


But really.... I'm almost to the finish line.  Day 34 of 37.  Mitch even ran the last 2 nights with me.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a side note, I signed back up on Weight Watchers yesterday.  I'm a lifetime member that has slipped back about 15 pounds from my goal and it's time to get back in to racing shape.  I read recently that for every extra pound you carry, it can translate in to 1 extra minute to your marathon time.  I don't know if this is true or not, but I know that the extra weight slows me down and makes my runs that much harder.  I'm looking to drop 20 by marathon weekend.  

Weight Watchers just released a new program.  I'm glad because the fact that it is different will motivate me to get going rather than trying to pick up on the old, familiar program.  I'm at the end of my second day and doing good so far.

Did anyone else get running stuff for Christmas?


No comments:

Post a Comment