Saturday, October 17, 2015

The Problem with Waiting A Week Since Posting....

...is how much stuff happened in a week!!!

I must start by shouting out a giant THANK YOU to my husband Mitch who has kindly taken over the maintenance of my blog.  Doesn't it look great??  I love to write, but I do not love computer technology.  Mitch is great at teaching himself how to do just about anything computer tech online.  He made my blog look so much better and you will see it evolve in coming months.  I have some pretty neat stuff planned and he will help me make it happen.

On Monday, I flew down to Colorado on business.  I thought I would have to run all week on the treadmill, but it didn't work out that way.

Our first day there the health fair was very short and I was done by 3:00 so I was able to run after.  I stayed in Rifle, Colorado at the Hampton Inn.  I had a rather difficult time finding a decent place to run, but ended up on a trail that ran behind Walmart.  I got 3 miles in, but admittedly it was a little scary.

Day 2 I woke up too early and did a quick 2 miles on the dreadmill.  It was stupid HOT in that room. But they did have 3 nice treadmills, an eliptical, a recumbent bicycle and a set of weights.  2 miles that seemed like an eternity.

Day 3 I was able to go for a run with a client in the morning.  She spends a bit of time in Rifle so knew a better spot for a good run than I had managed on Monday.  It was a nice trail that circled a pond near the town visitors center.  I admit that I was too shy to take selfies or pictures on our run.  We did 3 miles.

So, I have a confession to make.  When I am by myself, I am kind of a kid.


I bought this as a recovery snack.  Truth be told, I almost bought the one that was shaped like a Mickey Mouse head.

My week was actually filled with amazing food.  We ate at some great restaurants.

On Thursday night, I went with one of my coworkers for a hike at Rifle Falls.  We paid a ridiculous $20 to get in to the park because I didn't have any change (it was supposed to be $7 per car), then we were only there for about an hour and a half at the most.



The plane ride home was pretty much awesome.  Since there were so many of us from my company flying back from Colorado, we came home in style... in the company plane.


Mitch is a pilot and thanks to him I adore flying in small planes!


When you fly like this, you kind of get treated like someone special.  Lunch was served in a present box complete with a bow and tissue paper:


I had to take these pictures secretly because I didn't want my coworkers to tease me.  (yes there are knees in the picture... they aren't mine)

After a 5 day trip, I was super excited to get home.  I thought I would go for a run as soon as I got back, but I didn't.  Instead I went out for dinner with that guy I really missed and had burgers.

Today I woke up at almost 9:30.  I usually don't sleep that late and I jumped up in a start because it's long run day.  I didn't really want to sleep that long.

Mitch drove me to my favorite long run place:  Red Lodge.  I got a 10 mile run and 4 mile walk.  I got a little panicky because Mitch hadn't come down off the mountain in the time I thought he should have so I was prepared to walk back to the truck.  Of course, he did come down.  I was just being silly.

Some great pics from my run today:

 Mile One'ish
 Mile 10'ish
 Out of order... but my favorite spot along the way at about mile 8.  I call it God's Thumb.

Home again to favorite Easy Nachos for dinner.



I'm excited because tonight is the Monster Energy Cup (supercross)!!  Whoot.  More than likely this event will also involve Fireball.

Anyone else traveled in a small airplane?

What is your favorite quick and easy dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment