Thursday, October 8, 2015

Thrown Together Thursday

I just couldn't think of one topic so today is a hodgepodge.

My week started like this:


I went home early from work on Tuesday and stayed home Wednesday.  I pretty much spent two days sleeping, eating, watching Harry Potter extras and sleeping.  Did I mention sleeping?

One trick I have learned to get out of a sick funk is to get out of the house and get some sort of activity.  If I don't, then the next day I feel much worse in the morning.  Its a cycle and I usually can recognize when I am physically well enough to break it.  Before my running days, this usually involved going grocery shopping or for a walk... anything that got me out of bed and some fresh, outside air in my lungs.

Last night I went for a "run."  I say "run" loosely because it was really more walk than run.  But it did the trick.  I got out of bed and went to work this morning.  Not that it was easy.  I still felt cruddy when I woke up.  By this evening I felt well enough that I had an easy five mile run and felt pretty good for most of it.

Registration opened today for this:


Did I sign up, you ask?  Don't be silly!  Of course I did!

This is a goal race for me.  I'm hoping to finish this half marathon in 2 hours.

Run to the Pub is in Bozeman, MT on March 12th.  They put on a heck of a good party, so if you're looking for a fun spring race, I highly recommend this one.  Oh... and I might add that 4 runners will win a trip to the Dublin Marathon in Ireland.

Next week I'm traveling to Colorado on business.  I'll be gone for 5 days and I have NO idea how I'm going to get my running workouts in.  I'm very interested in running the local area if I get any daylight.  I'm sure there will be a dreadmill at the hotel, but Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.  I will be very cranky if I don't get to run for Five. Whole. Days.



and just to add to the randomness....

A few images from last weekend's long run:


This is a pretty steep hill.  The picture does it NO justice.


The views from the top of that hill.


Tomorrow is FRIDAY!  My husband will be home from his business trip and I can't wait to see him.

I don't know what the long run plan is for the weekend yet.  Only that there will be one.  Hopefully I will post before the weekend is over because after that it will be several days before I can tell you all about running in Colorado.  Or running on the dreadmill... however that works out.   Let's hope for the more exciting option.

No comments:

Post a Comment